Retrofabulous Frosty the Floam Man!

Frosty the Floam Man Copyright 2009 Margot Potter ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

I created this rather large and somewhat lumpy snowman for an appearance on QVC several years ago. I was selling the mysterious substance known as Floam and had to whip up some samples to show folks what to do with it. I have to admit, it's a rather fun medium! It's particularly suited to Styrofoam, but you have to work with it to get it to stick.

Floam has the dubious distinction of being 'possibly the most hated toy ever'. It may be a dreadful toy, but it's a truly fun craft medium. If you search, you can find recipes to create your own, or you can dig around and find some to buy pre-made.

This is the most popular project on my blog right now and I can see why. It's got a shabby, country, folk art friendly appeal. Alas the original Frosty the Floam Man has probably been dumped into a landfill somewhere and I am fresh out of floam, enthusiasm and giant Styrofoam balls to recreate him. Still I can print him out as a lovely photograph and sigh wistfully and you can follow this link to get the instructions to make a Frosty of your own! Huzzah!

Sigh.

Tune in for more Retrofabulosity to come!

xoxo
Madge

No comments: