Mixed Media Jewelry Project Idea Earth Metal

Copyright 2009 Margot Potter for Walnut Hollow

I created this mixed media design for the fab folks from Walnut Hollow a while back. It features their Creative Metal sheets combined with inks, CRYSTALLIZED-Swarovski Elements and polymer clay. I actually painted the clay this color and used the Sculpey Ultra light. I like that it's so incredibly light weight and easy to shape and mold. I embedded slivers of metal into the clay and created metal cones which I inked, rolled and threaded on wire. I made my own findings using 20 gauge copper wire. I love this combination of colors and it feels so right for fall. I'll share instructions when this project goes live.

I'll be back tomorrow with a new Teen craft for
I Love to Create. Until then...craft on with your bad selves.

xoxo,
Madge

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty pretty. PRETTY!

A Beaded Affair said...

Fabulous piece. I adore copper and would love more info on how you made your copper beads. I haven't tried clay yet. I guess I'm going to have to break down and give it a go. So many jewelry options, so little time. lol Great work!
Lois
http://www.abeadedaffair.com
http://copperwirejewelers.ning.com

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

I love the addition of the metal strips into the clay. Neat idea! I too like to make my own copper findings to combine with polymer clay beads. They sure make a nice combination!