Kids Crafts 1-2-3 and Variations on a Theme


Last year I was bequeathed a lifetime supply of vintage craft magazines.  They're awesome, as you might imagine and I am still gleefully perusing them for techniques and ideas.  I found a set of cards made with simple tissue paper shapes on one holiday magazine that really struck me.  I re-worked the idea to create this set of cards above.

The instructions to make these are here.




Flash forward to this summer and an editorial call for Kids Crafts 1-2-3 and I re-worked the idea again, this time using jute twine, yarn, recycled magazines and holiday cards and subtle glitter.  You can get the instructions to make these in the magazine which went on stands November 1st at WalMart!


Finally, I had a special appearance at a Grand Opening for a new Michaels in Cambridge recently and had to make something simple to demo SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS and the EK Success Glue Pen.  Thusly, this is a crystallized version of the same idea.

I quite like them all!  In fact, I like them so much I'm planning on offering a version of this concept as DIY Holiday card kits.  Let's face it, this is so easy and fun absolutely anyone can do it and make it their own.  Stay tuned, the kits will be ready to roll out asap!

Cheers,
Madge

No comments: