I Got a Virus...Yay.

When they say, "You get what you pay for", they've got a good point. Thusly 'free' blog templates may not actually be free.

Like when they come with a NASTY computer virus attached.

Now I can't say for sure I got the virus from the images I downloaded, but I took them down because that's the only weird thing I've done today that might have infected my computer.

So word to the wise...if it looks shiny and free...it may be tarnished goods.

I'd like to believe that there is a special place in hell for spammers...where they are chained to a keyboard and forced to delete pop ups for eternity. Insert my evil laugh here...

I'll get this place gussied up again when I can get back into my actual computer.
Love
Madge

5 comments:

Cori Lynn Berg said...

Arghhhhhh..... viruses....scary stuff...

susanc said...

Lovely. I just don't understand people who do that sort of thing. I hope it didn't cause too much damage to your computer. Thanks for the warning - I guess it's always wise to err on the side of caution - if it looks/sounds too good to be true, it is. Thanks for the reminder!

FunkyMonkey Girls said...

Very evil and how about water dripped slowly on their head while trying to do the other thing you mentioned (insert evil laugh)

Jolene

Unknown said...

oh no, so sorry to hear that!! hang in there!!! hugs!

LamoreAllure said...

My computer was recently attacked by a virus or malware, too. It sucks! I lost some special photos, and I'm not happy. Luckily, I had most of my stuff backed up.
I sympaghize with you!
Linda L