Crafty Quickies How To Videos!

(Pssst: MyCraftivity gave me a promotional code for my friends to use to get 25% off of books on their site! VPNOV Spread the word! Heck, buy my books!)

We now return you to our regularly scheduled blog!


We're debuting a new series of super short videos that focus on the basics. Crafty Quickies! Each video shows one simple technique and takes between 1-2 minutes to watch. It's a great way to zero in on things even seasoned pros don't always know or remember. Though I'm impatient, I'm a stickler for doing things right and I'm exasperated at the volume of bad information out there. If you do it right, you won't have to do it again, and that saves time and frustration.

I just watched brand new video content on a major big box chain website. The quality of the filming was impeccable, but I literally cringed when I saw the host take out the chain nose pliers, not uncross the wires and finish the project incorrectly. I mean...they sell all three of my books! Can't they read them before sharing bad information?! Heck you can sell another tool if you show the right way to do it. You can't teach people how to do something if you don't know how. There are a zillion jewelry making videos on YouTube and the majority of them show you the wrong way to do things. There are a zillion jewelry making books written by "experts" who tell you the wrong way to do things. Can you tell this gets my goat?!

It is our mission to show you how to do things right the first time. We want you to get the basics down so you have a strong foundation upon which to build. Then you can enjoy the fun part, creativity, without worrying about the unfun part, project do-overs! So without further adieu here are the first three Crafty Quickies...stay tuned for the Crimp and the EZ Crimp vids to come next!



5 comments:

Molly Smith said...

Thanks, Margot! I've been doing the coil dangle wrong ... for 6 years!!! Bravo to you! More, more :)

Our Hands For Hope said...

Fantastic!!! These are great!Thank you.
Terisa
always..."running with scissors"

megan said...

great quickie tutorials - perfect length, good subjects, well-demonstrated. thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Today I posted an entry on my blog with a link to yours.

Would you let me know if that's OK?

Thanks,

Nancy Ward

Kentakit said...

This is the coolest thing I've seen in years! I too have been doing the coil dangle wrong! And apparently the loop on the dangle bead too. Thank you so much for the information! Keep it coming! Please? :)