DIY Peeps Easter Bouquet


An Ode to Peeps

Oh Peeps, dear Peeps, tempting, tender, tasty Peeps, how do I love thee?

Let me count the ways...

I love you for your soft-ish marshmallow inside.

I love you for your crunch-ish sugary outside.

I love you fresh-ish from the package and after a few days when you've gotten a little stale-ish.

Oh Peeps. 

I love you every which way and especially when you're in my tummy.



Several years back I made the first version of this delicious and delightful Peeps Easter Bouquet.  Alas, though the intentions were noble, the bouquet had some issues.  There's a funny story about that in the original post

Wah, wah.

This is the newer, better, prettier and tastier version Peeps Easter Bouquet 2.0.  With better viewing, munching and crafting action.  I bought this pretty porcelain planter at Home Depot and added some gingham and satin ribbon accents using Aleene's Tacky Dot runner and some flowers from Forever 21 that had little hair clips on them, which I gingerly removed.  After Easter, I will take the embellishments off and plant something pretty in this pot for our patio.  Then I can wear my flowers in my hairs.

All of them.

Which are looking more than a little like Sally on the Peanuts today.

But I digress.


Get three packs of Peeps bunnies, a bag of white chocolate chips, some candy sprinkles and wooden skewers.  Melt, dip, sprinkle, add a bow, skewer and place in a clean planter filled with pretty jelly beans.  Voila, fabulous edible centerpiece sure to delight children of all ages.


No need to thank me, it's what I do.

xoxo
Madge

6 comments:

Mary Ann Potter said...

Peeps fan here!!! Have you ever been to their website? What fun! I will look for the URL...

Margot Potter said...

I love it! I accidentally deleted the second comment, so here it is:
http://www.peepsandcompany.com/sweet-treats?gclid=CPjKlauG87UCFQ6EnQodwDYA0g

Peepsandcompany.com

You'll have fun!

Thanks, Mary Ann!

Cheers,
Madge

Crafty Lumberjacks said...

These are adorable!!! We love your stuff!

Margot Potter said...

Thanks, Dennis! I love your blog!

xoxo
Madge

Unknown said...

Adorable!! I wanted to let you know that I am featuring this at The Gunny Sack!

Margot Potter said...

Tonia

Wow, thank you so much! Your blog is amazing. I'm honored.

Cheers,
Margot