I Do Stuff. Yup.


Decolicious Copyright 2012 Margot Potter
A Touch of Blue Copyright 2012 Margot Potter


Above are two designs using some delightfully simple and striking components from Beadalon called QuickLinks. These particular links are exclusive to Jewelry Television, you can find them here! I love these components because they're like a lovely little blank canvas for your creativity and they are absurdly easy to use. Each shape is connected by a small figure eight or peanut shaped metal connector you simply compress closed around the links using chain nose pliers. The links are then stationed in place and ready for your creativity. Wire wrap them, add beads, connect them to rosary style beaded segments...it's truly endless.

I like to add lots of kinetic movement to my pieces, jewelry that moves is sexy and playful. The first design features textured links and oxidized vintage rhinestone beads that were pulled from my bead stash. I love the simplicity of this piece, it has an Art Deco appeal, but still feels really modern. The second piece is asymmetrical with large faceted black onyx rectangles, hypersthene squares that have a lovely light play, black onyx teardrops that swing and sway inside of the links and one large turquoise bead for a pop of color. This piece is long and can be worn Opera length or doubled. These took hardly any time at all to construct and I think they're the kind of pieces you'd wear over and over again.

Fun...fast...fabulous!

And that's some of what I do here at Studio Madge. I do stuff. Yup.

Love
Madge

3 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Loving them both! I would totally wear these in a heartbeat. I like the links. Will have to check them out. And those rhinestones are making me swoon. I have a lot of buttons that I need to make into things and that would be a great use of them. That pop of turquoise makes that piece so striking. Always knockin' them out of the park, Miss Madge!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Margot Potter said...

Thanks, Erin! Ya know, these were those kind of easy pieces that are fun to make and wear, sometimes I like those the best!

Cheers,
Madge

Margot Potter said...

Oh and, you reminded me that those rhinestone dangles are buttons! A gift from a friend a while ago, just waiting for the right application...