Me Make Monster!

Mrs. Fizzy, Ginger and Corky Jr. from Jenny Harada's Me Make Monster for North Light Books

When my crafty pal Jenny Harada contacted me about creating a project for her book Me Make Monster, I was beyond flattered. Jenny is absurdly talented and sees the world through the most wonderful, whimsical lens. Her one of a kind monsters even appeared in the movie Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium!

I immediately thought of doing an upcycled project using champagne corks. Not because I love champagne or needed an excuse to have to buy more. Oh no. Definitely not.

He he.

Above is my project which features champagne corks, wired tinsel, vintage bottle caps and buttons, fun fur and spinning Tim Holtz elements along with a fun wooden house I bought at a craft store and painted to match the monsters.

Avalon made the spotted monster! She did such a great job!


This book is filled with spooktacular ideas from Jenny and her uber talented crafty pals. I think anyone with a sense of kitsch will absolutely love it! It's just too much fun! Plus it's a great read, Jenny has a terrific sense of humor.

xoxo
Madge

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love the champagne cork monsters! How clever.