Jo-Ann Fabrics Spring 2011 Press Kit

Delicious Denim Necklace Copyright Margot Potter for Jo-Ann Fabrics

A while ago the folks from Jo-Ann Fabrics contacted me about participating in their Spring 2011 Press Kit. Big thanks to the folks from ILovetoCreate for recommending me. I had a blast making a necklace from die cut and embellished used denim. I have a small pile of jeans in a bag in my studio which I periodically cut up for projects, it's a small but earnest contribution to being green. Used jeans are such a terrific canvas for paints and inks and they can withstand a lot of crafty abuse, plus the thrift stores are overflowing with them. Flowers and butterflies were EVERYWHERE at CHA this year, so I was right on trend when I created this.

I love when that happens!

March is National Craft Month, so look for this design and the other fabulous creations by some of the biggest names in crafting at your local JoAnn Fabric store!

We closed on our new home today and it is filled with eco-friendly materials, including recycled denim insulation! Who says old jeans can't learn new tricks?

Love
Madge

1 comment:

Unknown said...

super cute! i love to use old jeans as a base for the cuffs i love to make... they're soft and durable.

congrats on the new place, too!
xoxo
jul