Saturday TastyLinks with a Little Whine

Greetings Grublets:

One more work day and I can totally unwind this evening and tomorrow.  We're off to Harrisburg for a three hour book signing and make it and take it session at the Grand Opening of their new AC Moore.  If you live in the area, please join us!  You can get the 411 here.  We'll have a bunch of Beadalon QuickLinks so you can create your own fabulous necklace or bracelet and you can purchase a copy of one of my books and I'll personally sign it just for you.  Avalon is my demo buddy and we're going to enjoy some Mother/Daughter time together. 

I've been a little edgy this week...okay I've been a lot bitchy this week.  It happens.  It's not always rainbows and unicorns.  I juggle a lot of balls every day and I have many different jobs...author, freelance designer, blogger, consultant, TV spokesperson, craft industry celebrity...and this week I've been doing them all.  Add to that being a mom to a small family and a rather sizeable menagerie of animals...and sometimes I'd just like a girl's night out.  Which I never get.

What's up with that?!

My girls are all too far away.  Dangit.

The Amish ladies haven't embraced me into the fold.  Shocking, isn't it?

Maybe if I was just a little less...sparkly and bitchy...and I liked champagne a little less...

Har har.

Thanks to all of the fine folks out there who have cross linked to my blog and said such lovely things about me on the interwebs this week.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. 

So without further ado...here are this week's craftacular links filled with creative inspiration from The Crafty Bloggers Gang:

The Artful Crafter
Read some glass etching tips from master etcher Eric Robert.


Stefanie Girard's Sweater Surgery
How to make a dress from a recycled tank and skirt inspired by one in the book Built By Wendy Dresses

Mixed Media Artist

Learn a more subtle approach to using the pointillism filter in Photoshop.

Margot Potter The Impatient Crafter

Wanna be a 'trashionista?' Join Madge as she turns old magazines into a fabulous decoupage purse in this week's project for ILoveToCreate Teen Crafts!

Crafty Princess Diaries

Tammy was thrilled to discover her new book is available for early ordering on Amazon. This is the first time she got to the see the final book cover too!

Craftside-A behind-the-scenes peek at a crafty world

Craftside's got a how-to on making a zipper necklace, a free pattern template for a cute card jewelry display, a whole bunch of great cat quotes, an interview with Paula Guhin author of Image Art Workshop and announcing-Craftside authors will be doing Make and Takes at the Unique Los Angeles shopping extravaganza!


Cathie Filian

The Easter Bunny has been busy over at Cathie's workshop! Check out all the fun Easter Craft Ideas.

Aileen's Musings

Follow Aileen along her creative path and see how she transforms a 16x20 canvas and a map background into her dream piece!

About Family Crafts

Find out how to get creative while making prints with kids by using a variety of supplies you already have on hand. You can share your ideas too!

2 comments:

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the Handcraft category today [27 Mar 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Vanessa Kiki Johanning said...

Sparkle's and Champagne!!

Add in some snarky~ness and it sounds like you are a BLAST!!!

Have a great day today!!

~Vanessa
RhinestoneContessa.com