More Fun with Dimensional Fabric Paint!

I have this thing where I can't make a necklace without making earrings that match.  Okay well sometimes I do, but mostly I feel incomplete if it's not a set.  If I'm feeling extra cheeky I'll make a bracelet.  Do you have that same thing...or is it just me?



Yesterday after I posted my Mod Girl project for iLoveToCreate I simply had to make some coordinating chipboard earrings.  Avalon came home from school and found the foam core board upon which I painted the necklace components and she loved the bits of paint left over.  She asked if she could have it to make a painting and of course I said yes.  She added some of the Tulip fabric sprays in neon colors and layer after layer of dimensional fabric paint and came up with this very cool Pollockesque painting.  I made earrings while she made her masterpiece.  




Then I decided to squish the paper on which I'd made the earrings after adding a little more paint and ended up with a cool Impressionist inspired background.  I punched out little circles with my Fiskars squeeze punches and I'll find a home for these in a design. 




You never know where inspiration will strike. What I love about kids is they don't have filters and they see things adults miss. Don't toss away those scrap papers...maybe there's something there!  



xoxo,
Madge

No comments: