To Peep...or Not to Peep...

I would hazard a guess that Vickie Howell isn’t the only crafter to be derailed by the quasi-evil little marshmallow creatures known as Peeps. In fact the Peeps website has a crafts section and there’s an annual Peeps Diorama contest. Two weeks ago I couldn’t resist their siren song and I purchased FIVE packages. They come in a huge variety of vibrant shades now and I simply had to have every single color. Plus they were under a dollar a pack. So much joy for under a buck? Sign me up!

One package of orange rogue rabbits was gleefully consumed by my daughter, and the rest have been sitting on a shelf in my kitchen cruelly mocking me since. I don’t know what it is about Peeps. Why are we all so drawn to craft with them? I mean, if you break it down they’re actually pretty lame. It’s just a blobby drip of marshmallow rolled in super fine electric kool-aid sugar and the eyes are more often than not dripping down their faces.
Yet...they’re so...damn...cute.

I bought them with the intention of making a project. I considered leaving them out to get hard and spraying them with an acrylic sealer and making them into jewelry. I contemplated a Peeps wreath for the front door. I’m still brainstorming a Peeps-on-a-stick bouquet in a clear vase with jelly bean faux rocks to secure the stems as our dessert offering for Easter dinner. If I manage to eek that project out, I’ll let ya know. It’s not looking likely with the size of my straw pile.

To Peep...or not to Peep...that...is the question.

Perhaps the best way to enjoy a Peep...is to gobble it up head first...if I open just one little package I’ll have plenty left for my bouquet...

xoxo,
Madge

5 comments:

pickleberries said...

Peeps rule! I prefer mine rock hard and crunchy. The kid prefers her Peep's fresh and soft. I've never thought to craft of decorate with them other than Easter basket adornment. HMMM, may have to go buy more!

Nancy Sabina said...

The only way I like to eat Peeps is dipped in chocolate. Yum! I think your "Peep Bouquet" idea sounds fab.

ohdawno said...

I'm all for any use of Peeps other than eating.

I figure I may be in the minority, but I never did like 'em. It's the way they *stare* at you...it's kinda creepy.

Ring by Ring Designs said...

I love peeps. Especially the yellow ones. Pink not so much. Not sure about using them in a bouquet. Just me.

Mitzi Curi said...

I love Peeps! Remember when they only came in yellow? Now there are so many colors.....and they've branched out to other holidays, like Halloween....I love it!