Free Mixed Media Jewelry Project: Crocheted Wire and Crystal Necklace for Beadalon

Crocheted Wire and Crystal Necklace Copyright 2009 Margot Potter for Beadalon

I taught a class at CHA on basic bead embellished wire crochet, with a twist. I figured out how to add beads without having to have them loaded on the wire and slide them up for every stitch, because that is far too tedious for this impatient crafter.  I've taken this idea in a lot of directions since I proposed this class and I'm really excited to finally share this simple technique with you. This project is posted in the Beadalon Blog today with full instructions, so I'm sharing the pics of the project here.  Just follow this link to get the instructions!


Until next time...craft on with your bad selves.

Cheers,
Madge

2 comments:

Maggie Mae said...

Oh! how cool. I don't do anything like this, but am excited for my 15 yr old who is some kind of wire witch! She takes any bit of wire that's hanging about and makes the most wonderful little critters. Crochetting wire. who woulda thunk?

Margot Potter said...

Maggie Mae

I love it! Isn't it great having creative kids?

It's also great to meet another Margot with a t!

Cheers,
Madge