The Impatient Crafter™ Free Holiday Craft Project Obama Ornament

Obama Ornament Sparkly Copyright 2008 Margot Potter


Obama Ornament Copyright 2008 Margot Potter

(Click on images to see close up)

The Impatient Crafter™ Free Holiday Craft Project Obama Ornament

As soon as I saw these beautiful vinyl stickers from MoveOn.org created by the ‘Hope’ poster artist Shepard Fairey, I knew they’d make a perfect commemorative ornament. Anyone who wants can sign up for a free one at the Move On site via the link in the instructions below. No matter how you voted this past election, we all have to agree it was a moment of historical significance. You can use a sticker from the candidate of your choice, but we loved the vintage appeal of the graphics on this one. Well that and we voted for Obama and since our sign got stolen twice, this is our permanent sign for every holiday to come. Politics aside, it’s a gorgeous work of art and I love how these turned out. I did a sparkly and a non-sparkly version and they’re both fabulous.

Margot Potter
The Impatient Crafter™
Obama Ornament (or as we like to call them Obamornaments!)
For personal use only not for resale

Materials

MoveOn.org vinyl Obama sticker
Die Cuts with a View Mat Chipboard Stack in black and white
2 Grommets
Sparkly wired fringe or other decorative wire for hanger (try the big box craft chains for fuzzy wire.)
Optional
Stickles in star dust, waterfall and Xmas red for accents

Tools

Paper Cutter
Scissors
Crop-a-dile OR
Grommet setter
Hole punch


1. The stickers are a skootch smaller than the 4.5”x6.5” mini chipboards. I marked them with a pen and cut them on my paper cutter to fit. Take your time adhering them smoothing any bubbles or wrinkles as you work from top to bottom with your thumbs. You could also opt to use a brayer.

2. Perform any necessary clean up work with scissors.

3. The decorative flowers at the top left and right corner of the sticker are the perfect spot for your holes. Use a good hole punch the same size as your grommets. Mark and punch holes on both sides at the flowers.

4. Use a grommet setting tool to set grommets in each hole. (I used my Crop-a-dile for both functions.)

5. You can optionally decorate some of the red and blue elements with Stickles. I used red and blue on the face, red on the border and the star dust color on the background of people to give it a little holiday sparkle.

6. Cut a 4-5” length of fuzzy wire and thread ends into holes, twisting wire ends around the core wire on each side to make a hanger.

7. Hang on tree and enjoy a hearty cup of egg nog. (Egg nog is, of course, optional.)

5 comments:

pickleberries said...

I love this idea! I was not sure what I wanted to do with my sticker when it showed up. This will be a great keepsake. Thanks!
PS Just ordered brightly colored bindi tins from EviesToolEmporium on Etsy to make your bindi project. :)

Flor Larios Art said...

Cool! I like it. Viva Obama!!!

Margot Potter said...

Pickleberries

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know you like the projects!

Thanks
Margot

Margot Potter said...

Flor Larios Art!

So glad you liked! Viva Obama!

Cheers,
Madge

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Oh how fabulous! Thanks tons, I'll be linking.